Important Message to Rethinking Aging Club Members:
PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW HOUSE!!
To return to the main page of our Rethinking Aging Club Overview with links to all of our Thursday Age-Friendly Product Alliance 1-2pm ET shows please click here: https://boomertechtalk.com/rethinking-aging-on-clubhouse/
Rethinking Aging Club is now a House! If you were a member of our Club, you are now a Member of the House and can post in the House chat and talk to each other in the house lounge.
(This subpage of the Rethinking Aging Club overview is mainly for the transition from clubs to houses. If you are new to Clubhouse please use this link to download the app and answer the simple waitlist question https://www.clubhouse.com/house/rethinking-aging-club )
As of Clubhouse version 23.04.13 released 4-17-23, ALL of the Clubs you were members of are now showing up on your personal profile.
The current version updated 5-22-23 is 23.05.19. Make sure you are on the latest version of the app.
Please RSVP to our upcoming events at the top of the House page.
Note there are several, so please hit each one.
Your RSVP’s help raise awareness of our house and our events.RSVP for each event listed please. Mine says “share” because I have already RSVP’d but yours should say “RSVP”.
Please make sure you are on the latest version of Clubhouse.
At the bottom of your Clubhouse “settings” page should be: 23.05.19.
From version 23.04.06 the UI at the bottom of your app page became 3 symbols: the Clubhouse hand icon which replaced the globe (takes you to the “unified hallway”); the search icon; and the house icon.
You’ll find our Replays on the three dots on the upper right side of the House page.
There are three levels of settings a House can choose:
1. Open to all
2. Must be approved
With the choice to give all current Members the ability to invite new Members
3. Invite only
We chose “Must be Approved”.
1. I trust the current Members. A member can be removed if they behave badly.
2. Houses differ from Clubs in that Members can interact with each other outside of scheduled room times.
They can post in the House chat at any time and reply to other chats.
* These capabilities can be turned off. But we’d like to leave them on.
* I live in Hawaii so I can’t monitor the chat for spam during critical hours.
3. The original intention of Houses was to be intimate places where people can hang out.
4. Each current Member has 5 invites available to them and we can continue to bring in new Members that we TRUST
Rethinking Aging will continue to have 2 Public “rooms” (I call them “shows) a week. Only pre-confirmed speakers will be on stage as before. Audience will participate from audience as before. Non-Members can attend these.
A ticket shows on their profile in the audience. They can then choose to join our waitlist.
The link to our Rethinking Aging Club house which is also an invite link shows “join waiting list” to everyone when viewed on the web because it can’t recognize you as a member from the web unless you are logged in https://boomertechtalk.com/rethinking-aging-on-clubhouse/
UPDATE 5-11-23: You can now log in on the web. Our URL there is different. Note that a “CH” is added.
You can log into Clubhouse to access all the houses you are members of here (with limited functionality):
(Another good reason to be waitlist gated)
You can join a room from the web by getting the share URL and adding a ch in front of /room.
April 11th – about April 17th, Clubhouse converted all remaining Clubs to Houses.
Rethinking Aging Club House Transition Illustrations:
1. Find your profile (circle with your initials or hopefully your head shot) top right after tapping Clubhouse hand on bottom left to go to Clubhouse hallway. As of April 17th, probably all of the clubs you were a member of, now houses are there.
1.a. Example of a profile with Rethinking Aging Club house icon on their profile
1.b. As of Clubhouse version 23.04.13 ALL of the Clubs you were members of are now showing up on your personal profile.
However, you are not “activated” in all of the houses yet. You may wish to leave “Dead Clubs” to cause less confusion to your followers. “Innovations in Aging” is a Dead Club. That means the founder and their admin are no longer active on Clubhouse or they have decided to abandon it.
2.c. As of Clubhouse version 23.04.18 (4-20-23), you can now PIN your houses so that they show first. HOWEVER, the house you pin LAST shows up first. Hopefully, they fix this because, it is more logical to have the house you pin FIRST show up first. And better to be able to reorder them but as of now, that is how it is. Please pin Rethinking Aging Club towards the front of your profile.
2. Click on the house icon on the bottom of your clubhouse screen to find our house icon to click and enter our house. Or find it on your personal profile.
From Clubhouse version 23.04.06 the UI at the bottom of your app page became 3 symbols: the Clubhouse Wave which replaced the globe (takes you to the main hallway), the search icon and the house icon. This means you have the “unified hallway”.
3. While you are there please RSVP for all of our scheduled shows. It’s OK if you only choose “interested”. Of course “will be there” is appreciated. Your profile image will be added to the scheduled show invite. Mine says “share” because I have already RSVP’d but yours should say RSVP and give you a choice of “will be there”, “interested” and “can’t go”.
At the three dots at the top of the event, you can choose share to invite people, including those who are not members of our house because it is a public room. At the same 3 dots you can find add each to your calendar in your time zone.
Here is a share link that I generated so it says “join Linda” but at the share button after you RSVP you can generate your own unique link that says join “your name”. https://www.clubhouse.com/invite/9sruxlIy
5. Please make sure that your notifications are “on” for our house.
At the gear on your personal profile. Click on “notification settings”. You will find distinct notification settings for each house.